Throughout the summer a lot of people use the brighter morning and evenings as a time to take control of their lives and motivate themselves to become fit and healthy by getting stuck in to exercise. The most common exercise which people generally begin with is running. Over the week our Personal Trainers will be giving you some simple tips to get you on the road to success with your running training.
Footwear is very important! If you decide to run with incorrect footwear this can lead to injuries and will therefore mean you will have to stop training before you have barely started. Make sure you get the correct running shoes! To make sure you have the correct running shoes these are the things our Personal Trainers have said to look out for;
* The shoes must have plenty of grip especially because of the wet weather we have.
* Your shoes are the correct fit for your feet.
* Efficient ankle support.
* Flexible and lightweight.
* Depending on your gait pattern, or if you have flat feet or problems with the arch in your foot, make sure you undertake a gait analysis before your buy your trainers. Many sports shops have the equipment and trained staff to perform a gait analysis so you can get the trainers best suited for you and therefore minimise any risk of injury.
* Don’t always go for the big brands! As long as the trainers you have tick all of these boxes, you’re good to go! You really don’t need to spend in excess of £50+ on your new trainers